FIRST, Let's Recap--in case you aren't sure what's going on with me...
* I was diagnosed in 2014 at the age of 27 with Ulcerative Colitis.
* I had NO previous indications until one day I started bleeding.
* After trying high doses of medicines that failed me I tried something stronger.
* After my second Remicade infusion I went into Anaphylactic Shock.
* My kidneys and liver were shutting down and I was knocking at deaths door-I didn't know who my husband was and time was of the essence.
It is because of one Doctor, one husband and two mom's and many prayers by family and friends that I'm alive today. In my mind they all represent team JD. They were my team of warriors when I couldn't speak for myself.
I suffered through 10 Plateletpheresis treatments to clear my system of the Remicade.
After realizing there weren't any drugs for me...
* _ON AUGUST 25, 2014 I HAD A LAPAROSCOPIC COLECTOMY WITH COLOSTOMY. (I LOST MY COLON)_
* On December 9, 2014 I underwent the Jpouch surgery step 2. (The Ileonanal J Pouch Recreation With Diverting Loop Ileostomy)
* _ON FEBRUARY 9, 2015, I HAD THE REVERSAL (TAKE DOWN-REMOVAL OF STOMA), AND AFTER DISCOVERING CDIFF TOO LATE IN MY SMALL BOWEL..I WENT SEPSIS. (A STOMA WAS BROUGHT BACK FOR A SECOND TIME)_
_*BY APRIL 3, 2015 __I HAD SPENT__ 52 CONSECUTIVE DAYS IN THE HOSPITAL__.* _
I have been fighting an uphill battle since 2014-and have attended the Take Steps Walk the last two years despite the pain and discomfort it brings. I have left the Take Steps walk each year with Josh feeling hopeful and inspired to get more involved with the CCFA.
In January 2016 I had a fecal transplant. In August 2016 I was in ICU for a week.
In 2017 I had 20 Biopsies taken and the results are still yet to be known...
My Colon is gone. But now I'm asking for donations to help everyone else. So one day soon, there will be an answer for everyone who asks the question, "is there a cure?" I can only pray that through your generous donations the answer will one day soon be, "Yes, there is a cure!"
**Your donation will help support local patient programs, as well as important research projects. This cause is very important to me and I appreciate your help as we fight for cures! The more money we raise, the closer we will be to making life more manageable for patients who live with these diseases every day. **
Please join me or donate to my efforts to support CCFA in finding cures! Every dollar counts!! $$