Madison,WI Take Steps to Find a Cure!
The Take Steps for Crohn's & Colitis walk is the nation's largest event dedicated to finding cures for digestive diseases. Many patients have only ever met a handful of other patients suffering from IBD- this is a unique opportunity to meet hundreds of IBD patients, families, and supporters from your own backyard. This is no fee to register and no team is too big or small!
Walk day is an incredible experience for all to celebrate the efforts that have been put forth in raising funds toward our mission. It is a day filled with live music, food, kids' activities, educational materials, and of course wonderful exposure for our corporate partners.
MVP ( Most Valuable Participants) SHOUT- OUTS!
The MVP Program was created to recognize top teams and individuals going above and beyond to provide hope, inspire action and find cures through fundraising efforts and ourtreach!
You can be an Awareness Builder by raising $100.
You can be a Hope Giver by raising $1000.
Your team can become a Cures Believer when you reach $3500.
Congratulations to our 2015 CURES BELIEVERs:
• Gavin's Gutsy Group- Led by Gavin Wiegel
• Cruizin' for a Cure- Led by Justin Frederick
• Pickhard Poo Phighters- Led by Jenny Pickhard
• Super Poopers- Led by Kellie Covert
• Lauren's Crohnies- Led by Lauren Nowak
• Team Genee'- Led By Genee Severson
• Team SemiColons- Led by Elizabeth Schaefer
• Team Vincent- Led by Vincent Vanderscheuren
• Cameron's Colitis Crushers- Led By Cameron Mueller
• Rissa's Rumpshakers- Led by Marissa Simon
Congratulations to our 2015 HOPE GIVERs:
• Justin Frederick on team Cruizin' for a Cure
• Gavin Wiegel on team Gavin's Gutsy Group
• Kevin Wiegel on team Gavin's Gutsy Group
• Lauren Nowak on team Lauren's Crohnies
• Angie Siwik on team Gavin's Gutsy Group
• Morgan Flier on team Team Flier
• Marissa Simon on team Rissa's Rumpshakers
• Vincent Vanderscheuren on Team Vincent
• Jerome Riggio on team Itallian Stallions
• Greta Schneider on team Greta
• Shelley Van Proosdy on team Lauren's Crohnies
Here are a few proven tips to help you have a rewarding and successful walk experience with your team!
Step 1: Set a realistic and meaningful goal for your team
There is no cost to register and no fundraising minimum. It is up to you to set a personally meaningful and significant goal for you and your team. Communicate that goal to your team members and work together to achieve it dividing the goal among each other.
Step 2: Write Personal Fundraising Letters & Emails
Compose a passionate and individualized letter about why you are walking and how people can support your fundraising efforts.
Step 3: Recruit Participants
Ask your friends, neighbors, family members and co-workers to join your team and help you spread awareness and reach your team's fundraising goal through their contacts.
Step 4: Raise Money
The national fundraising average per person is $250 encourage each of your team members to beat the nation average. Approach the bussinesses you frequent, or even better, ask your own company! Lead by example, by making the first donation your own!
Step 5: Create Excitement
Design a team t-shirt or a unique team name, post flyers in your neighborhood, and share information on social media!
Step 6: Celebrate Your Team’s Success
Attend the walk. Take a team photo. Eat, drink and celebrate raising funds to find cures for Crohn's and Colitis!
Have you collected donations that need to be applied to your fundraising page? MAIL OFFLINE DONATIONS TO:
Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America- Wisconsin Chapter
1126 S. 70th Street, Suite 112-1B
Milwaukee, WI. 53214
ATTN: Leslie Del Ponte
GET AND STAY CONNECTED!
Visit the Wisconsin Chapter website
Find a support group in Wisconsin- click here
Connect with the IBD Help Center
Like our Facebook Page- Take Steps Wisconsin