Philadelphia, Take Steps to Find a Cure!
The Crohn’s & Colitis Take Steps Walk is one of CCFA’s largest events committed to finding cures for digestive diseases. Our walk in Philadelphia offers an incredible day for family, friends and the community to come together in celebration of all their hard work and dedication to our mission.
The Philadelphia Take Steps community consists of patients, loved ones, friends and supporters that empower and inspire each other to fight these diseases. Each year we connect with our communities as we fundraise for cures and celebrate our hard work together in supporting our patients.
To date, Take Steps has raised more than $60 million to fund mission-critical research and patient support programs. Last year Philadelphia Take Steps raised more than $300,000. More than 80 cents of each dollar raised goes directly to funding this mission. Find a walk in your local community and join thousands of others Taking Steps for cures.
MVP (Most Valuable Participant) SHOUT-OUTS!
The MVP Program was created to recognize top teams and individuals going above and beyond to provide hope, inspire action and find cures through fundraising efforts and outreach!
You can be an Awareness Builder by raising $100.
You can be a Hope Giver by raising $1,000.
Your team can become a Cures Believer when your team raises $7,500.
Congratulations to our 2015 CURES BELIEVERs:
- St. Christopher's Crew - GI Practice (Led by Dr. Philip Stein)
- Team Tammy (Led by Vicki Clark-Kadish)
- The Poppel People (Led by Jeff Poppel)
- Team MLGA (Led by Dr. Adam Kaufman)
- Camp Oasis Alumni (Led by Melanie Krutzel)
- Team K'NEX (Led by Michael Araten)
Congratulations to our 2015 HOPE GIVERs:
- Philip Stein (St. Christopher's Crew - GI Practice)
- Rachel & Jacob Kadish (Team Tammy)
- Jeff Poppel (The Poppel People)
- Michael Araten (Team K'NEX)
- Adam Kaufman (MLGA)
- Justin Harad (Carly's Crohnies)
- Barry Katz (Chelsea's Champions)
- Michael Trager (Team McGladrey)
- Emma Dougherty (Emma's Entourage)
- Mike Bocchicchio (Dietz & Watson: Warehouse & Purchasing)
- Patti Katin (Team MJK)
- Andrea Rice (Team Andie)
- Lily Yoder (Lily's Crohn's Crushers)
- Emily Cohen (Inflamed and Untamed)
- Bob Kirschner (St. Christopher's Crew - Administration Team)
- Elizabeth Fineman (Camp Oasis Alumni)
- Morgan Harris (Morgan's Crohnies)
- Melanie Krutzel (Camp Oasis Alumni)
- Gail Dichter (Team Gail)
- Ray Bunn (OMG: Oh My Guts!)
- Susan Gaskill (Anna's Army
- Devin Bruton (St. Christopher's Crew - Administration Team)
- Scott Wright (Abby)
- Matthew Fleming (Team Matthew)
- Carla Hill (Hill Family Team)
- Caren Levine (Team Levine)
- Tracy Winig (Drew Crew)
- Ron Douglass (Team Taylor)
- Chad Dixon (Team Chad)
- Laurence Saul (Team Zavino)
- Nissa Gowat (Bellyache Buds)
- Jen WIlliams (Emmy's Crohn's Crushers)
- Paige Espinosa (TEAM SIMICOLON!)
- Shawn Woolridge (The Irregulars)
- Alexa Jo Palmer (St. Christopher's Crew - GI Practice)
- Taylor Giorno (Team Taylor)
- Karen Nester (MLGA)
- Carlene Moore (The Running Stoolies)
- Jennifer Sariego (GI JENN)
- Lorri Bernstein (Inflamed and Untamed)
- Julia Stein (Stein's Stampede)
- Eboni Gatson-Anderson (TEAM EBONI)
- Mackenzie Thomas (This One's for Zack)
Here are a few proven tips to help you have a rewarding and successful walk experience with your team!
Step 1: Set a realistic and meaningful goal for your team
There is no cost to register and no fundraising minimum. It is up to you to set a personally meaningful and significant goal for you and your team. Communicate that goal to your team members and work together to achieve it dividing the goal among each other.
Step 2: Write Personal Fundraising Letters & Emails
Compose a passionate and individualized letter about why you are walking and how people can support your fundraising efforts.
Step 3: Recruit Participants
Ask your friends, neighbors, family members and co-workers to join your team and help you to spread awareness and reach your team’s fundraising goal through their contacts.
Step 4: Raise Money
The national fundraising average per person is $250 encourage your each of your of your team members to beat the national average. Approach the businesses you frequent, or even better, ask your own company! Lead by example, by making the first donation your own!
Step 5: Create Excitement
Design a team t-shirt or a unique team name, post flyers in your neighborhood, and share information on social media!
Step 6: Celebrate Your Team’s Success
Attend the Walk. Take a team photo. Eat, drink and celebrate raising funds to find cures for Crohn's and colitis!
Have you collected donations that need to be applied to your fundraising page?
MAIL CHECK DONATIONS TO:
CCFA Philadelphia Delaware Valley Chapter
Attn: Dawn Halsey / Philadelphia Take Steps
150 Monument Road, Suite 402
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
*Do not send cash. Convert any cash donations to checks and mail to the Chapter Office. Put your name and your team name in the memo field of the check.