For more details click on the more walk details page
Orange County MVPs!
The MVP Program was created to recognize top teams and individuals going above and beyond to provide hope, inspire action, and find cures through fundraising efforts and outreach. Empower, Inspire and Connect - be an MVP today!
CURES BELIEVERS - Teams who have raised $5,000 or more
- The A Team
- Gut Feel
- Hiro's Army
- Wells Fargo Cares
- Poo Crew
- Rollin With Amber's Crohnies
- Jon's Troops
HOPE GIVERS - Individuals who have raised $1,000 or more
- Donald Abrahm
- Hiro Zeoli
- Julie Green Rommel
- Deborah Margolis
- Amber Hathaway
- Mish Schwartz
- Rocio Castrillon
- Marilyn Schultz
- Allison Miller
- Danniel Wexler
- Kim Falcone
- Victoria Westerskov
Thank you to everyone for your support!
Sunday, May 15, 2016 Festival and Registration/Check-in begin at 3:00 p.m. Walk begins at 4:00 p.m.
Mile Square Regional Park 16801 Euclid St, Fountain Valley, CA 92708, Forrest Shelter
Enter the park at the Euclid entrance and mention that you are attending the Take Steps event at the gate. The parking fee will be waived for all of our participants. Follow the signs to the Forrest Shelter. There will be parking available directly across from the shelter. Handicap and MVP parking available in front of the Shelter. Each MVP team (teams that have raised $5,000+) will have one parking spot in the MVP lot.
Upon arriving at the walk site, please stop at the Registration/Check-In tent first (look for the big orange and blue registration flag upon arriving). This is where you will check-in/register, turn in any checks/cash you have received and pick-up your t-shirt and incentive items.
T-Shirts & Fundraising Incentives:
Participants who have raised $100+ will receive a Take Steps t-shirt upon registration.
$250 raised earns you a Take Steps Bandanna
$500 raised earns you a lunch cooler bag
Our Hope Givers (participants who raise $1000+) will receive all of the above items on the day of the walk. Redemption information for additional incentives will be sent via email (email@example.com) approximately 21 days post event.
Walk will consist of a 1.6 mile loop. Dogs are welcome but they must be kept on a leash and please clean up after them. Strollers and wagons are allowed but no bicycles please.
The weather for Sunday may be partly cloudy and possibly windy in the afternoon, but the Take Steps Walk will take place rain or shine (let’s hope for shine!).
Our celebration will take place from 3:00 pm-4:00 pm and continue after the walk until 6:00 pm and will include:
- Live music by the Gut Rockers
- Great IBD friendly snacks
- Make your own Today, I'm Brave video
- Build a project at the Home Depot kid's booth
- Sign up for Support Me Plus
- Learn more about IBD medication and technology from Abbvie, Janssen, Medtronic, and UCB
- Support CCFA and our young artists by getting your KOZ tee shirt
- Jump around in the bounce house
- Learn more about diet and nutrition from IBD specialized RD Dariella Gonitzke from Eat Freely Nutrition
- Check out the beautiful Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
- Get you raffle tickets for a chance to win great prizes
- Learn more about Camp Oasis, Team Challenge, IBD research initiatives, and other CCFA programs at the Mission Tent
- Get your hair braided and done in your favorite color by Naheed from Hair-Do and Threading Salon
- Our patients will receive specially designed patient identification items to recognize the strength and courage of our biggest heroes at the mission tent
- And Receive a gift at the finish line from Hoag Hospital and sign the Wall of Hope
There are restrooms at the festival across from registration and along the walk route.