The Crohn’s & Colitis Take Steps Walk is one of CCFA’s largest events committed to finding cures for digestive diseases. Our walks offer an incredible day for family, friends and the community to come together in celebration of all their hard work and dedication to our mission.
Our community consists of patients, loved ones, friends and supporters that empower and inspire each other to fight these diseases. Each year we connect with our communities as we fundraise for cures and celebrate our hard work together in supporting our patients.
Have Donations to Turn In? Join us at the Portland Take Steps Bank Day!
Thursday, May 12; 4pm-7pm
Tabor Space (4551 SE Belmont Street, Portland)
Drop off any collected donations
Pick up your earned incentives including walk day t-shirt and more!
Shop at the CCFA Store
Get information/ask questions about walk day
Meet our Planning Committee
OUR LOCAL MVPS!!
The MVP Program was created to recognize top teams and individuals going above and beyond to provide hope, inspire action, and find cures through fundraising efforts and outreach. Empower, Inspire and Connect - be an MVP today!
HOPE GIVERS - Individuals who have raised $1,000 or more
- Rachelle Rask-Gonzales
- Crystal Purdy
- Rick Gonzales
- Jessica Peterson
- Kurtis Kerslake
- Marie Pronovost
CURES BELIEVERS - Teams who have raised $3,000 or more
- Team Rask
Thank you to everyone for your support!
Who wants an official Team Walking Sign to rock during our walk on May 15? If your team raises $1500 or more they will be ready for you to pick up on Bank Day (May 12) or at registration on walk day. Cutoff to be included in the printing is THIS Thursday! Did you know that $1500 will help open the doors to over 20,000 patients who receive our bathroom access card?
Don’t miss out on the Take Steps merchandise store on Walk day! You can also pick them on at Bank Day on May 12! Now you can spread awareness all year long in style. Stop by the CCFA Store to purchase fun items like a baby onesie, branded tube socks, or a picture frame to capture those precious moments with your team! Everything is payable by cash or credit. All sales will of course benefit the Walk fundraising efforts.
What's New For Walk Day 2016
- Improved CCFA Mission Tent - learn about new research updates, patient support services and educational events.
- Wall of Hope - sign the wall as you finish walk to honor the loved ones in your life you are walking for.
- Patient recognition - Our patients will receive specially designed patient identification items meant to recognize the strength and courage of our biggest heroes.
- Participant recognition - Hope Giver teams and Cures Believer teams, our top fundraisers, will receive special recognition for their hard work and dedication. We are also recognizing walkers for their years of support!
- Better food options - New food labeling will be used to clearly identify options that are more digestive disease friendly.
- Show some spirit - Our new on-site CCFA store offers participants the opportunity to purchase branded CCFA swag and official Take Steps swag bags!
- Raffle - featuring gifts and prizes from local partners! Tickets are one for $5 or five for $20. Pick them up at Bank Day on May 12 or on walk day!
Need Team T-Shirts?
It's always so fun to show your team spirit on walk day! And we love seeing how creative people can be. The owner of Brainless Tees is offering to donate 20% of any t-shirt sales from our walk teams back to CCFA! This is the perfect way to custom create the best team t-shirts to rock on walk day and make a difference! Plus, there may be a special prize on walk day for most creative team shirt!
Click here to get started: http://www.brainlesstees.com/crohns-walk/
Interested in volunteering on event day? It truly takes a village to put the event together. Visit our Volunteer Spot page here to see the opportunities and get signed up!
Have you collected donations that need to be applied to your fundraising page? MAIL OFFLINE DONATIONS TO: CCFA – Take Steps Portland PO Box 23321 Portland, OR 97281
Keep up with events in your area and visit our Northwest Chapter CCFA Home Page!