Check out Aaron's story under the Local Hero tab to the right. Aaron is a remarkable individual who is passionate about finding a cure for IBD!
TWIN CITIES, TAKE STEPS TO FIND A CURE!
Thank you to our Presenting Sponsor, Minnesota Gastroenterology!
Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis is CCFA’s largest fundraising event having touched over 240,000 people and raised nearly $60M to help further the Foundation’s mission.
Our Take Steps walks offer a wonderful day for family, friends and the community to celebrate all of the efforts that have been put forth in raising funds towards our mission. Our walk events are filled with live music, food, kids’ entertainment, educational materials, and, of course, wonderful exposure for our corporate partners. In 2014, more than 70,000 people joined us nationwide, helping us raise $11M.
82 cents of every dollar raised goes towards breakthrough research, public and professional education, and patient support services in communities across the nation.
Join thousands of others in the fight against digestive diseases.
2015 Twin Cities Take Steps for Crohn’s &
- Sunday, May 31st 2015
- Festival & Registration/Check-in: 4:00pm
- Walk Program & Walk Start: 5:00pm
- Band & Food Trucks: ~5:45-6:45pm
- Harriet Island, St Paul (200 Dr. Justus Ohage Blvd- see attached map)
- From the West: Take I-94 eastbound
to St. Paul to Hwy 52 south. Follow Hwy 52 south to the Plato Blvd exit. Turn
west (right) onto Plato Blvd.
From the East: Take I-94 westbound to St. Paul to Hwy 52 south. Follow Hwy 52 south to the Plato Blvd exit. Turn west (right) onto Plato Blvd.
From the North: Take 35E southbound to St. Paul to Hwy 52 south. Follow Hwy 52 south to the Plato Blvd exit. Turn west (right) onto Plato Blvd.
- The Plato Blvd exit is closed both northbound & southbound. If possible, avoid HWY 52. Reroute by using HWY 10 into downtown St. Paul or Kellogg Blvd to the Robert St. bridge
From the South: Take 35E northbound, take the Kellogg Blvd exit. Go right on Kellogg Blvd and follow to Wabasha Street. Go right onto Wabasha Street to go over the bridge. Turn west onto Plato Blvd.
- The Wabsha Street bridge is closed southbound due to construction – reroute east a half mile to the Robert St. bridge.
There will be lots of Take Steps signage to let you know where to park and volunteers/security will guide you as well.
- ALL Inc. Parking Lot, 185 W. Plato
- Albers Parking Lot, 200 W. Plato
parking on westbound Water St (and other surrounding streets)
- Upon arriving at the walk site, please stop at the Registration/Check-In Tent first (see attached map for location and look for the big orange and blue Registration flag upon arriving). This is where you will check-in/register, turn in any checks/cash you have received and pick-up your t-shirt/incentive tickets. Please make sure your collection envelope is properly filled out, sealed and signed before coming to the tent. If you do not have a collection envelope you can pick one up at the tent.
- The Take Steps Walk will take place rain or shine (let’s hope for shine!). Harriet Island has a wonderful indoor pavilion so in the case of inclement weather the festivities will all take place inside the pavilion.
Pre Walk Festival
- Kid’s Zone: This area includes a bounce house, carnival & lawn games, playgrounds, face-painting and crazy hair!
- Music: From the BOB FM truck you’ll enjoy great music and giveaways.
- Entertainment: Look for our fabulous entertainment acts such as Clowns Across the River and Chicks on Sticks (stilt walkers)
- Mission Table: Visit the CCFA Mission table (inside pavilion) to receive literature on IBD, learn more about services offered by CCFA and to pick up your “I AM WALKING FOR…” sticker. Camp Oasis Table: Visit the Camp Oasis table (inside pavilion) to learn more about Camp Oasis, CCFA’s camp for kids and teens with IBD.
- Team Challenge Table: Are you a runner or is running/walking a half marathon on your bucket list? Visit the Team Challenge table (inside pavilion) to learn more about CCFA’s half marathon training program!
- Team Photos: Team Photos will be taken in front of the giant inflatable colon, provided by Minnesota Gastroenterology. All team photos taken will be shared on the Take Steps Facebook page following the walk.
- Inside the pavilion will be our event raffle with tons of exciting prizes including: Delta Airlines Ticket, Harrison Smith Signed Vikings Jersey, Twins Legends Club Tickets, Summit Brewing Package, Theater Tickets to Park Square Theater & the Jungle Theater, Great Lake Aquarium Passes and MUCH MORE!
- Visit the Game Day Charms table inside the pavilion to order Take Steps personalized key chains, magnets, dog tags and more!
Health Fair & Food Giveaways
- Visit our community health fair inside the pavilion to learn more about treatment & care options, diet & nutrition and other important information relevant to Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. Also inside the pavilion we will have treats to give away compliments of: Nabisco, Holiday Gas Stations, Premium Water Inc., KIND Snacks and CITIES Fruit.
Walk Program & Walk Details
- The pre-walk program will be emceed by WCCO News Anchor Jason DeRusha. During the program we will recognize special volunteers, share why it’s important to raise money for CCFA and give out some fundraising awards. The walk will consist of a 1 mile loop done twice (if you choose!). Dogs are welcome but please clean up after your pet. Strollers and wagons are allowed but no bicycles.
Post Walk Entertainment
- Bring a blanket and enjoy our post-walk band, Herman Jones Funk Band (www.hermanjonesmyfunkbrother.com) as well as dine at one of these delicious food trucks:
* Please not that food from the food trucks is to purchase.
T-Shirts & Fundraising Incentives
who have raised $100+ will receive a Take Steps t-shirt (ticket will be
provided at registration and redeemable inside the pavilion).
- $250 raised earns you a Take Steps Tote Bag (ticket will be provided at registration and redeemable inside the pavilion)
- $500 raised earns you a Take Steps Water bottle (ticket will be provided at registration and redeemable inside the pavilion)
- $1,000+ raised incentives will be available via email post-event. (You have until 3 weeks after the walk top continue to raise money to earn these great incentives!)
The following organizations will be vendors at the community health fair:
- AbbVie (http://www.abbvie.com)
- DripDrop (http://dripdrop.com)
- Janssen Pharmaceutical (http://www.janssen.com)
- Shire (http://www.shire.com/shireplc/en/home)
- Takeda Pharmaceutical (http://www.takeda.com)
- Abbott Nutrition (http://abbottnutrition.com)
- Coloplast (http://www.coloplast.us)
- Game Day Charms (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Game-Day-Charms/215852888615090)
- Evolv (http://www.evolvhealth.com)
- Experience Wellness Chiropractic (http://www.experiencewellnessmn.com)
- KIND Snacks (http://www.kindsnacks.com)
- The Harriet Island pavilion has indoor restrooms on the far west side of the pavilion. There is also a restroom at the Jonathan Padelford boat house. Along the walk route are will be temporary bathrooms located at the East parking lot and right inside the main entrance to the park.
- Officer Tong Yang will be stationed at the registration tent during the walk- if you have an emergency of any matter please see Officer Yang or call him at 651-428-1529.