Sioux Falls Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis – Event Details
- Saturday, June 6, 2015
- The walk is around beautiful Falls Park in Sioux Falls. Please note that we are meeting at the Farmers Market shelter location on the north side of the park. This location offers a large space under a shelter, nice bathroom facilities and a playground! (Visit http://visitsiouxfalls.com/m/details/falls-park-farmers-market/ for a map.)
- Parking will take place in the large parking lot around the Farmers Market Shelter.
- Registration/check-in/activities begin at 3:30 p.m. (Look for the CCFA banner, colored streamers and the giant semi-colon!)
- Walk begins at 4:00 p.m.
- Door prize giveaways at 5:00 p.m. (or immediately following walk)
- Upon arriving at the walk site, please stop at the Registration/Check-In table first. This is where you will receive your fundraising incentive “swag cards”, turn in any checks or cash you have collected and pick-up fundraising incentives you may have earned. Please make sure your collection envelope is properly filled out, sealed and signed before checking in. If you do not have a collection envelope you can pick one up from the registration table.
- We will have fundraising incentives available for those who have achieved specific fundraising levels. $25 earns you a Take Steps car decal, at $100 you will receive a Take Steps t-shirt, $250 will be a Take Steps tote bag and individuals who raise $500 will receive a Take Steps water bottle!
- Will be having a variety of food at the event for everyone to enjoy! We will have mint Oreo Mini (courtesy of Nabisco), KIND Bars (courtesy of KIND Snacks), Jack Links Jerky (courtesy of Jack Links Jerky) and plenty of water (courtesy of Premium Waters Inc.)
- The activity area will begin at 3:30 p.m. Festivities include music, face painting, tattoos, a giant inflatable walk-thru “semi-colon,” a CCFA education table, Kids Zone and a snack area.
- The walk route will be around 1.5 miles. Dogs are welcome but must be on a leash and please clean up after your pet. Strollers and wagons are allowed but no bicycles.
- The Take Steps Walk will take place rain or shine (let's hope for good weather!) except in the case of lighting or sever weather.
Sioux Falls, Take Steps to Find a Cure!
Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis is CCFA’s largest fundraising event having touched over 240,000 people and raised nearly $60M to help further the Foundation’s mission.
Our Take Steps walks offer a wonderful day for family, friends and the community to celebrate all of the efforts that have been put forth in raising funds towards our mission. Our walk events are filled with live music, food, kids’ entertainment, educational materials, and, of course, wonderful exposure for our corporate partners. In 2014, more than 70,000 people joined us nationwide, helping us raise $11M.
82 cents of every dollar raised goes towards breakthrough research, public and professional education, and patient support services in communities across the nation.
Register today. Join thousands of others in the fight against digestive diseases.
Take Steps for Crohn's & Colitis Kickoff and Education Event
Dr. Heather McDougall of Sanford Health will be presenting on IBD Treatments: Finding your Best Path.
Please join us at the Kuehn Community Center (2801 S Valley View Rd. Sioux Falls, SD 57106) for a educational presentation and Take Steps Kickoff.
Folks will be able to meet others within the IBD community, ask questions regarding treatment option for IBD, sign up a Take Steps team, gather Take Steps materials and for current team captains to receive fundraising materials (fundraising envelopes, flyers, informational broachers and team captain kits).
This event is sponsored by Sanford Health.
Please contact Jim Thrubis, Take Steps Walk Manager, with any questions at email@example.com or 651.917.2437.