Little Rock, Take Steps to Find a Cure!
- Location: War Memorial Stadium at 1 Stadium Drive, Little Rock. Enter at Gate 11. There is plenty of parking right across the street.
- Time: The Walk site opens to the public at 10 A.M. for check-in & registration and the festival. At approximately 11 A.M. the walk will begin!
- Food & Entertainment: At 10 a.m. the pre-walk activities start including JET420 Band, tons of balls for kids to play with, balloon artist, face painting and kids games. Bring your lawn chairs!
- Patient Education: Visit the Mission Tent where we are excited to announce “Which color are you” where we will all be wearing party beads to show why we walk. Plus, there will be a short quiz for you to take for a chance to win a gift card! Lastly, we will have our “Wall of Hope” where we encourage everyone to take a minute to sign your name or a message of why you are walking. This wall will be at all our future walks! Our fantastic volunteers will be at the tent to answer any questions you may have about services offered by CCFA or volunteer opportunities.
- Weather: The Take Steps Walk will take place rain or shine, so please dress accordingly! We will have a rain plan in the concourse, if it rains!
- Check In / Registration: If you have money to turn in or need to register please stop at the Check-In/Registration tent. If you have registered online there is no need to stop here! Please make sure your collection envelope is properly filled out, sealed and signed before coming to the tent, we will have tables and extra envelopes in front of the tent for any last minute needs. Don’t forget to stop by the incentive table if you have raised over $100!
- Raffle Items: Several different packages will be raffled off that will include gift card basket, watches, hunting items, birthday party packages and much more! You can view the items and purchase tickets at the Raffle Tent behind Check-In. Tickets are $5 for 1 ticket, $20 for 5 tickets or $50 for 20 tickets. Make sure to bring your money!
- Team Photos: Be sure to visit the Team Photo area and have your picture taken!
- Photo Booth: A fun photo booth with props and a screen will be set up near the kids zone. Take the photo’s with your phone then post to our facebook page Take Steps Arkansas with #littlerocktakesteps.
- Walk Route Details: We will start the walk in front of the registration table. It is a very short walk out of the stadium and around the small path on Markham. There is not a port-o-pot along the route. Make sure to visit our nice bathrooms in the concourse near the entrance. Watch for directional signs.
The Crohn’s & Colitis Take Steps Walk is one of CCFA’s largest events committed to finding cures for digestive diseases. Our walks offer an incredible day for family, friends and the community to come together in celebration of all their hard work and dedication to our mission.
Our community consists of patients, loved ones, friends and supporters that empower and inspire each other to fight these diseases. Each year we connect with our communities as we fundraise for cures and celebrate our hard work together in supporting our patients.
To date, Take Steps has raised more than $60 million to fund mission-critical research and patient support programs. More than 80 cents of each dollar raised goes directly to funding this mission. Find a walk in your local community and join thousands of others Taking Steps for cures.
The Most Valuable Participant Program was created to recognize top teams and individuals going above and beyond to provide hope, inspire action, and find cures through fundraising efforts and outreach.
Empower, Inspire, and connect- be a Take Steps MVP Today!
Awareness Builder- Individauals who raise $100 or more
Inspiration Creator- Individuals who raise $500 or more
Hope Giver- Individuals who raise $1,000 or more
Cures Believer Team- Teams that raise $3,000 or more
Meet our local Honored Hero, Jaycee Hobbs. To learn more about Jaycee's story click on the 'Local Hero' link above.
Here are a few proven tips to help you have a rewarding and successful walk experience with your team!
Step 1: Set a realistic and meaningful goal for your team
There is no cost to register and no fundraising minimum. It is up to you to set a personally meaningful and significant goal for you and your team. Communicate that goal to your team members and work together to achieve it dividing the goal among each other.
Step 2: Write Personal Fundraising Letters & Emails
Compose a passionate and individualized letter about why you are walking and how people can support your fundraising efforts.
Step 3: Recruit Participants
Ask your friends, neighbors, family members and co-workers to join your team and help you to spread awareness and reach your team’s fundraising goal through their contacts.
Step 4: Raise Money
The national fundraising average per person is $250 encourage your each of your team members to beat the national average. Approach the businesses you frequent, or even better, ask your own company! Lead by example, by making the first donation your own!
Step 5: Create Excitement
Design a team t-shirt or a unique team name, post flyers in your neighborhood, and share information on social media!
Step 6: Celebrate Your Team’s Success
Attend the Walk. Take a team photo. Eat, drink and celebrate raising funds to find cures for Crohn's and colitis!