Eastern Long Island, Take Steps to Find a Cure!
for taking steps for a future free from Crohn’s and Colitis
Take Steps has become a tradition for so many families. Your determination and partnership is the driving force behind this success, and we thank you for your support.
We are thrilled to announce that together we have raised more than $80,000!
Let's not stop there, please continue to fundraise to support our mission of finding cures for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
Additional donations and matching gifts can be made online at CLICK HERE or sent to:
CCFA Long Island Chapter
585 Stewart Avenue, Ste 304
Garden City, NY 11530
Attn: Suzanne Beck
include your name/team name
Special thanks to:
- Shining Star – Rebecca Rogak
- Long Island Chapter Board of Directors
- Long Island Chapter Staff
- And our many, many volunteers and sponsors
Please accept CCFA’s heartfelt appreciation for your commitment to the Walk and a cure.
We look forward to seeing you again next year!
Eastern Long Island Take Steps walk day pictures have arrived!!!! Check them out today.
- Plenty more photos to come! Feel free to e-mail Oren at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, if you're looking for someone who you don't see pictured, would like to see an image in black and white, etc. If you plan to order prints, you can also e-mail Oren to see if he has any additional photos of you, your family, or team. Please note, the copyright/watermark will not appear on photos you purchase. 25% of profits from photo sales will be donated back to the Long Island Chapter of CCFA
you take photos, we’d love to see and share, please send to me at email@example.com.
- Don't forget to share photos with your team members and social media. Make sure to tag us at #takesteps and on facebook @takestepsli
The walk is THIS WEEKEND!
We are 41% to our $150,000 goal at $61,940
We can reach GOAL! Start your FUNDRAISING! Invite your FRIENDS!
I know all of you will not be satisfied until that thermometer EXPLODES!
We can reach GOAL! Start your FUNDRAISING! Tell your FRIENDS!
Send an Email / Post to Facebook / Send a Tweet / Spread the Word
SO COME ON LONG ISLAND! WE GOT THIS!!!!
Many of you have called and emailed the Chapter regarding the day of Eastern Long Island Take Steps Walk. Here are some important facts that should answer all of your questions.
- The Walk will take place RAIN or SHINE – it is going to be a beautiful day!
- Sunday, October 25, 2015
- Stony Brook University - Student Activity Plaza
100 Nicolls Rd, Stony Brook, NY 11794
Click here for directions to Stony Brook University
- FREE PARKING: is available at the University in the OLD H LOT and the Administration Garage. Click here for directions to where to park
- Check-In begins at 11:30 am - EVERYONE MUST CHECK-IN!!!!
(Registration / Check-in is located inside the Student Activity Building)
- Program begins at 12:30 pm
- Walk starts at 1:00 pm
- Walk is just about 2 miles long
- Dogs are not permitted
- Strollers are permitted – no bikes, roller-blades, skateboards or scooters please
- Refreshments will be provided at the Walk (If you have a dietary concern or just want to bring your own refreshment, you are welcome to do so)
- There are bathrooms located inside the student activity center
- Before you leave for the Walk, count all your donations and fill out your walker envelope completely on BOTH sides. Place donations in the envelope and seal. (If you have matching gift forms please turn them in along with your donations.)
- All checks should be made out to CCFA and should have your team name in the memo portion of every check to be credited correctly.
- Once at the Walk site, proceed to the REGISTRATION/CHECK-IN (located inside the student activity building) with your completed walker envelope and donations. Walker envelopes will be available on site at the prep table if you need one.
- PLEASE NOTE--if you have Team Members that have not yet registered online, they will need to complete an onsite registration form & sign an event participant waiver! Encourage them to pre-register so their day of experience is quicker and easier!
- EVERYONE MUST CHECK-IN!!!!
- All registered walkers raising a $100 or more attached to their name are eligible to receive a Take StepsWalk T-shirt.
Walk Day Activities
- Music provided by the band, Music Therapy, band members are Jamie Romeiser, Nehal Vadhan, Ramin Parsey, Robert Pasternak, Mark Talamini and John Hutter
- Kids Corral: Balloon Art, Carnival Games, Hula-Hoops, Facepainting, Tattoos and much more!
- Mission Tent: Learn what CCFA is up to and has to offer you and an Ask-a-Doc Station.
- Team Photo Station: Make your own banner! then please make sure to pose for our photographer
- Special Appearance by Wolfie the Seawolf, Stony Brook University's fun-loving mascot.
- You won't want to miss the Stony Brook Marching Band and the Stony Brook Dance Team
- Hair Extension by Cactus Salons –show your support with a blue and/or orange hair feather. They will have color feather hair extensions for only $10.00 of which $5.00 of each extension will be donated to CCFA!
- Kona Ice – purchase a premium tropical shaved ice, you add the flavor and they will donate proceeds to Take Steps. **Kona Ice is dairy-free, gluten-free and we even offer flavors that are sugar-free and dye-free!
- Refreshments: We have so many wonderful in-kind sponsors this year and they have donated yummy goodness: cookies, chips, gatoraide, apple & eve juice boxes, water, and other snack items. (If you have a dietary concern or just want to bring your own refreshment, you are welcome to do so)
And let’s not forget the WALK and Raising Awareness,so let’s get ready to make friends, have some fun and Take Steps Together.
Take Steps spreads awareness about IBD throughout our community while raising crucial funds to fuel the mission critical research, education and support services of CCFA. As we continue to strive to surpass our local fundraising goal of $150,000, many of you have been hard leading our efforts through your team and individual fundraising!
We invite you to join us in providing hope, inspiring action and finding cures by becoming a Take Steps MVP.
- Be an Awareness Builder by raising $100 or more and receive a commemorative Take Steps t-shirt.
- Raise $1,000 or more to become a Hope Giver. Join the club that is funding cures today and you will receive special recognition for your tremendous impact!
- Working together as a team, you can become a Cures Believer when you reach top team status in your site.
- CLICK HERE for complete details
- Check out our Fundriasing Incentives
Congratulations to our current Top Fundraising Teams:
- Becca's Buddies
- Team Abigail
- Commack Cares
- Team Mangiapane
- Team Ryan
- Kristen's entourage
- Stony Brook Surgery Colon and Rectal Team
- Wayne's Walk
Congratulations to our current Top Fundraising Individuals (raised $1,000 or more!):
Meet Our Corporate Leader!
Mark Talamini, MD, Professor and Chairman of the Department of Surgery at Stony Brook University School of Medicine.
Dr. Talamini specializes in gastrointestinal surgery, with an emphasis on the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis). He is considered a pioneer in minimally invasive abdominal surgery and is recognized as one of the leading authorities on laparoscopic and robotic-assisted surgery in the United States.
This year, Dr. Talamini and Stony Brook Medicine are aiming high! They have committed to CCFA and the Eastern Long Island Take Steps Walk. Stony Brook Medicine not only proudly supports the walk, they also have several walk teams and have a total fundraising goal of $25,000!
We invite you to join us as we strive to raise a total walk record high of $150,000 to help people suffering from Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, chronic inflammatory diseases of the digestive tract that cause severe pain, prolonged hospitalization, and potentially life threatening complications and surgeries.
Get started by clicking on Join the Stony Brook Surgery Colon and Rectal Team or create your own. Read more about Dr. Mark Talamini by clicking here.
Have you heard? Dr. Talamini is in a Band! We are excited to announce that "Music Therapy" led by John Hutter will be performing at the Eastern Long Island Take Steps Walk.
Stony Brook, Take Steps to Find a Cure!
Our Take Steps walks offer a wonderful day for family, friends and the community to celebrate all of the efforts that have been put forth in raising funds towards our mission. Our walk events are filled with live music, food, kids’ entertainment, educational materials, and, of course, wonderful exposure for our corporate partners. In 2014, more than 70,000 people joined us nationwide, helping us raise $11M.
82 cents of every dollar raised goes towards breakthrough research, public and professional education, and patient support services in communities across the nation.
Register today. Join thousands of others in the fight against digestive diseases.
Decal Don, How it works?
Make a self-donation today of $25.00 (or more) and you will be rewarded with a Take Steps Decal or as we'd like to call it Decal Don. Many patients suffer in silence but it's up to us to make their voices heard. Help us change that FACT! Register today for the 2015 Eastern Long Island Take Steps Walk and make a self-donation of $25 and you will receive a window decal to place in your car or other publicly visible place.
Be a part of making a difference to those who suffer in silence.
Next Steps - Help us raise awareness!
Take a photo with your “Decal Don” (think Flat Stanley) and share on social media. Don't forget to tag us with #decaldon. Let's show the world your team’s commitment to the fight against digestive diseases. Together we will find a cure!
FUNDRAISING TIP/MATCHING GIFTS: Have you been matched?
Matching-gifts are an easy way to significantly increase the impact of your contributions. Many companies around the country donate funds to match gifts made by their employees to non-profit organizations. A dollar-for-dollar match is common, and some companies will even contribute up to two or three dollars for each dollar an employee gives. Some even match gifts made by retirees and spouses!
So what are you waiting for? Ask your company today if it offers a matching-gift program, and request a matching-gift form. Send us the completed and signed form via mail, email or fax and we will do the rest.
Please mail all Take Steps offline donations to:
CCFA Long Island Chapter - Take Steps
Attention: Suzanne Beck
585 Stewart Avenue, Ste 304
Garden City, NY 11530
Include your TEAM NAME and/or PARTICIPANT NAME
*Checks should be made payable to CCFA