We are in the homestretch!! Here are some details for the day!
Directions to EP Tom Sawyer State Park:
Take the Westport Road Exit
Take a right at the bottom of the exit onto Westport Road
Go 4.1 miles
Take a right onto Freys Hill Road
Park is on the right
From I-265 (Gene Snyder Parkway)
Take exit 32 Westport Road
Take a left onto Freys Hill Road
Park is on the right
*Please look for Take Steps balloons and signs
When entering parking, go toward the left side of the parking lot. We will be in the large field by the soccer fields
Included are some important logistics for Saturday’s walk- read carefully & take note!
- Event Time: Check-in and Registration begins at 9am. The walk will begin at 9:30am, followed by a short program featuring our Honored Hero Stephanie Davis and announcements. Please check-in at the registration table upon arrival. Walk-up registrations and donations are welcome. Stop by the food tent for a quick bite and some coffee before the walk.
- Event Fun: The walk will feature WDJX on air talent Kelly K as our emcee, an obstacle course jumpy, fun games & activities, and more! Visit the Mission Tent to put your name in for our drawings. We will provide plenty of water and snack foods after the walk. As you return from the 1.25-mile walk, there will be additional announcements, fun awards & more, so we hope you’ll stick around!
- Bringing donations to the walk: All money needs to be in a walker envelope. Please write your Team Name on the envelope. If you or your team members are bringing donations to the walk, please make sure each team member has their own walker envelope filled out completely so that we can apply those dollars to the correct team member account. If you have a lot of coins, please convert them into cash or check made out to CCFA. All donations received online after 5pm on Friday may not be reflected at registration. Please bring proof of these donations if they will make a difference in the incentives you receive.
- Incentives: Take Steps incentives are available to participants who register for the walk and actively fundraise towards their goal. Any registered participant who raises $100 per their own individual fundraising account will receive an event T-shirt. At $250 you’ll receive a blue Take Steps reusable bag, and at $500 a Take Steps orange water bottle.
- Check the weather and dress appropriately! Event goes on rain or shine, unless there’s severe weather, in which case we’ll try to contact participants. You can also keep updated through our Facebook pagehttps://www.facebook.com/takestepslouisville
Louisville, Take Steps to Find a Cure!
Our Take Steps walks offer a wonderful day for family, friends and the community to celebrate all of the efforts that have been put forth in raising funds towards our mission. Our walk events are filled with elive music, food, kids’ entertainment, educational materials, and, of course, wonderful exposure for our corporate partners.
Take Steps for Crohn’s & colitis is a family friendly community walk dedicated to raising awareness and mission-critical funds for cures for digestive diseases. In the past five years alone, we succeeded in bringing together over 240,000 people and raised nearly $60 million to help further CCFA's mission.
82 cents of every dollar raised goes towards breakthrough research, public and professional education, and patient support services in communities across the nation.
Register today. Join thousands of others in the fight against digestive diseases.