Advocacy is a critical component of the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America’s (CCFA) mission. Our advocates are patients, family members, friends, caregivers and doctors who want to make their voices heard and see a future free from Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
CCFA encourages its advocacy members, volunteers, and friends to become actively involved in advancing our policy goals. We’ve already achieved great success in urging our legislators to implement responsible policies that transform the lives of those affected by Crohn’s and colitis, but we still have a long way to go.
We advocate because it lets politicians know what issues are important to us. A politician’s job is to make sure the interests of his or her constituents are represented in the laws that are enacted. That is why we have to educate legislators about the impact of IBD on Americans and that research and patient care are important to their constituents
As an advocate you can help us:
- Call for increased federal funding for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis research and awareness programs designed to improve the lives of patients.
- Encourage our members, volunteers, and friends to become actively involved in advancing our public policy goals.
- Share personal stories and provide crucial information about the impact of these devastating diseases.
- Inform and inspire elected representatives in Congress.
We've already achieved great success in urging our legislators to implement responsible policies that can transform the lives of the more than 1.4 million Americans living with inflammatory bowel diseases. With your help, we can accomplish even more. Learn more about our advocacy priorities in 2015.
Our new Advocacy Toolkit is available for download! Take it with you and be an advocate wherever you go!
Need More Help?
If you need more help getting involved, contact CCFA. We can direct you to your representative, help you with what to say or write, or talk with you about the issues.
Connect with us via:
• Email: email@example.com
• Phone: 888-MY-GUT-PAIN or 888-694-8872
• Your local chapter. Visit www.ccfa.org for all chapter listings