On November 14, 2011, the U.S. Senate passed Senate Resolution 199 (SR 199): “A resolution supporting the goals and ideals of Crohn's and Colitis Awareness Week, December 1-7.”
S. Res. 199 expresses appreciation to the family members and caregivers who support people in the United States living with Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. It also commends health care professionals who care for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis patients and biomedical researchers who work to advance research aimed at developing new treatments.
Help raise awareness this week by doing these fast, easy activities:
- Write to your local legislator and encourage them to join the Crohn’s and Colitis Caucus: http://capwiz.com/ccfa/home/
- “Like” the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America on Facebook
(https://www.facebook.com/ccfafb/app_1423518991198298), and follow the Foundation on Twitter
(www.twitter.com/ccfa), Pinterest (www.pinterest.com/ccfa), YouTube (www.youtube.com/ccfa), and Instagram @ccfa_ibd
- Change your Facebook status to: I’m supporting Crohn’s and Colitis Awareness Week and you should too! Learn more at: www.ccfa.org/awareness
- Use the #CCFAawarenessweek hashtag on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest whenever you post
- Change your profile picture to our logo, download here
- Download our Awareness Week Poster
- Reach out to anyone you know with IBD and let them know you care
- Download the Crohn's and Colitis Awareness Week Press Release
- Visit www.ccfa.org to learn more about these diseases!