The Northwest Region of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America, located in Bellevue, WA, seeks a highly motivated individual to provide support for their benefit walk program, “Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis,” which includes events in Seattle and Spokane. The majority of the intern’s responsibilities will focus on the Seattle Walk taking place Saturday, June 1, 2013 and will assist with team management efforts and new team acquisition during the 2013 Take Steps season.
- Research new team prospect lists and determine appropriate outreach and long-term engagement strategies to recruit new teams.
- Collaborate with Take Steps Manager on social media initiatives
- Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
- Design flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material as needed
- Assist with developing multi-layered communications strategies
- Facilitate relationships with participants, donors, and staff
- Work with Take Steps Manager and committee to provide support and incentive opportunities to maximize recruitment opportunities and fundraising performance
- Strong communication/verbal/written/computer skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Strong people skills and enthusiastic about promoting the mission of our organization
Applicants should be attending an accredited college or university in the Seattle Metropolitan area and currently enrolled in a related course of study. Communications, Marketing, Event Management, or a related field is preferred.
Part Time- Approximately 15-20 hours per week
Start Date: Beginning immediately
Unpaid/ Possibility for college credit
The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA) was founded in 1967 and is supported solely by individual, foundation and corporate contributions. CCFA is dedicated to helping people with Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, chronic digestive disorders of the intestines, through education and support.
e-mail resume and cover letter to:
Take Steps Walk Manager
Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America, Northwest Region
9 Lake Bellevue Drive, Suite 203
Bellevue, WA 98005
CCFA Northwest is seeking a UW undergraduate student to serve as Education & Support Intern and assist with programs for kids, teens, and college students.
- Plan, promote, and execute a successful campus event for education and outreach in Fall 2013, with help from the Regional Education & Support Manager (RESM) and a member of CCFA’s National Council of College Leaders
- Help plan sessions for kids and teens during spring patient education conferences, selecting games, craft activities, and more
- Plan at least one social activity for kids and teens in the Seattle area
- Assist RESM with preparations for Camp Oasis summer program and with other projects as needed
- Strong connection to Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Motivation to take initiative and think outside of the box
- Readiness to reach out to peers and classmates on campus
- Event planning
- Attention to detail
- Basic experience with and understanding of children
February through November 2013, 15 hours a week, flexible schedule. Office is in Bellevue but telecommuting is fine after initial in-person meetings in Seattle or on the Eastside. Attendance at events—some on Saturdays—is required.
This is an unpaid position. Program expenses will be covered and a letter of recommendation will be provided with satisfactory completion of the internship.
To apply, please send cover letter and résumé to Kathleen Newbould, Regional Education & Support Manager, at email@example.com. Direct questions to Kathleen at this email address or 425-451-8455.
The Northwest Chapter of the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation (www.ccfa.org) is looking for an energetic and passionate intern for its endurance training and fundraising program, Team Challenge (www.ccteamchallenge.org). The work involves grassroots marketing, public relations, social media, database management, and sales assistance.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Jackie
- Help manage social media network
- Reach out to media in the Seattle area and distribute PSAs, press releases, etc.
- Market Team Challenge in local Seattle area through community calendars and the distribution of marketing materials, etc.
- Research/find vendors that could be potential sponsors or donors (for both monetary and in-kind donations).
- Represent Team Challenge at local races to hand out marketing materials and recruit runners/walkers
- Help to maintain database integrity
- Respond to interested participant leads to provide program details via phone and internet
- Work with Team Challenge Manager to develop new event / project ideas
- Assist in implementation of marketing plan
- Experienced in social media (Facebook & Twitter)
- Business, Marketing, Communications or Non-profit concentration preferred (not required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication - Feel comfortable answering phones and calling participants
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people of all levels; team player.
- Outside of the Box Thinker
- Flexible schedule is a plus
- Internet savvy
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Connection to / knowledge of Crohn’s Disease or Ulcerative Colitis a plus (not mandatory)
Compensation: This internship is unpaid. In return for your time and dedication, you will receive excellent experience while helping a great cause and having fun! Class Credit potential.
Location: Bellevue – Northwest Chapter Office
Jackie Miller, Endurance Manager, Team Challenge
Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
of America l Nothwest Chapter - Seattle
9 Lake Bellevue Drive, Ste 203, Bellevue, WA 98005
O 425.451.8455 l E firstname.lastname@example.org
challenge • change • cure
Join Team Challenge! www.ccteamchallenge.org