RN Education Program: Nursing Perspectives: Management of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
After completing this activity, participants should be able to:
• Describe current research involving genetics and causation for inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD)
• Utilize current and emerging therapies to maximize IBD patient outcomes by using the most appropriate treatments
• Identify the differences between "top-down" and "bottom-up" approaches to treatment
• Implement strategies to improve adherence to IBD treatment regimens
• Assist patients to make better lifestyle choices by helping them identify lifestyle factors affecting their IBD disease course
• Provide appropriate care and counsel for patients and their families
Lisette Macias, RN BSN Pediatric Nurse IBD Nurse University of California, Los Angeles
Presentation and Q&A: 1 hour and 30 minutes
There is no fee for this educational activity.
Thank you to our sponsors!